Relevance. Ukraine actively exports its agricultural products to the markets of Europe and the world. The growth rate of agricultural exports from Ukraine to the EU in May 2019 was 49.9%.
Objective was to analyze and hygienically evaluate changes in the assortment and ranges of pesticide application in Ukrainian agriculture over the last 5 years (from 2015 to 2019).
Materials and methods. The object of our research was changes in the assortment and ranges of pesticide application in Ukrainian agriculture from 2015 to 2019. Growth and growth rates were calculated.
Results. Herbicides are leaders among the pesticides authorized for use in Ukraine: in 2019 their fraction was 56 % of the total (321 formulations). The following in number are fungicides: in 2019 – 25 % (147 formulations); and in third place are insecticides and acaricides: 19 % (107 formulations).
Most of all classes’ pesticides are monoformulations. Their growth rate from 2015 to 2019 was 93 %, increasing rate - 52%. In second place - combined formulations with two active substances: their number during 2015-2019 increased by 42%. For pesticides with three active substances, the growth rate from 2015 to 2019 was 145%. Also in 2017 there were herbicide formulations with four active substances, but their number is insignificant: in 2017 – 2, in 2019 – 3 formulations.
Conclusion. It was found that in the period from 2015 to 2019, the increase of all chemical plant protection products was 47%. The tendency towards an increase in different classes of pesticides does not change significantly every year and the leaders among them are herbicides, second place is occupied by fungicides and third – by insecticides and acaricides. Pesticides with one active substance (monoformulations) predominate.
2. Brenzovich K.S., Dublyak O.I. Current trends in world trade in agricultural products // Scientific Bulletin of Uzhgorod National University. 2016; 8 (Part 1): 18-22. [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://dspace.uzhnu.edu.ua/jspui/handle/lib/10277
3. [Supplement to the List of Pesticides and Agrochemicals Permitted for Use in Ukraine (Official Edition)] / Kyiv: Univest Media, 2015. 384 p. [in Ukrainian].
4. [Supplement to the List of Pesticides and Agrochemicals Permitted for Use in Ukraine (Official Edition)] / Kyiv: Univest Media, 2017. 528 p. [in Ukrainian].
5. [Supplement to the List of Pesticides and Agrochemicals Permitted for Use in Ukraine (Official Edition)] / Kyiv: Univest Media, 2019. 592 p. [in Ukrainian].
6. Storchous I.M. [Reduction of adverse effects of pesticides on crops] // Agronomist [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://agronom.com.ua/zmenshennya-pobichnogo-vplyvu-pestytsydiv-na-kultury/
7. Stavnichenko P.V., Antonenko A.M., Bardov V.G., Protsenko V.M. [Hygienic evaluation of changes in assortment and volumes of application of fungicides in agriculture of Ukraine ] // Ukrainian Journal of Occupational Health. 2016; 4 (49): 32-6. [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://imtuik.org.ua/upload-files/doc/vydav/16-04/pdf/5.pdf
8. [Without plants protecting tools in any way: structure of use of drugs in the context of cultures and regions]. 2019. [in Ukrainian]. URL: https://www.growhow.in.ua/bez-zzr-niiak-struktura-vykorystannia-preparativ-u-rozrizi-kul-tur-ta-rehioniv/
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.