Relevance. In recent years, many have been devoted to the problem of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) diseases, in which the attention is paid to the widespread pathology of TMJ at young people, which develops against the background of genetically-determined weakness of connective tissue (CT), which is also present occurrence of various concomitant diseases of polygenic-multifactorial nature, including the organs of the urinary system (US).
Objective. To investigate the manifestations of US pathology in young patients with TMJ diseases.
Materials and methods. The study involved 32 patients (m-4, w-28) with diseases of the TMJ, whose average age was 31.6 ± 7.7 years, who were treated at the Dental Medical Center of the Bogomolets NMU. Manifestations of US pathology in patients of this group have been investigated.
Examination of patients was performed according to the classical method of examination of patients with diseases of the TMJ. The orthopantomography with examination of the mandibular heads, open mouth X-ray by Parma, computed tomography or MRI scan, iridobiomicroscopy were obligatory. The presence of pathology of US was founding out from the anamnesis vitae, the patient was referred for consultation to a nephrologist. Ultrasound of the kidneys, urinary tract, urine tests were performed for all examined patients.
The obtained laboratory data were referenced in the International System of Units and processed by variational statistics using MedStat and EZR v.1.35 (Saitama Medical Center, Jichi Medical University, Saitama, Japan, 2017), which is a graphical interface to RFSC (The R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria).
Results. The following manifestations of TMJ pathology were found in young patients with US diseases: chronic cystitis – 37.5% of cases, oxalate or urinary crystalluria – 37.5 %, nephroptosis – 9.4 %, urolithiasis – 6.3 %, chronic pyelonephritis – 6.3 %, double kidney – 3.1 %.
Structural local or chromatic changes of the iris stroma in the projection region of the kidney (75 %) and bladder (43.6 %) in young patients with TMJ diseases showed a congenital weakness of the CT of these organs and a tendency to develop pathology of the US.
Changes in urine tests were mainly in the form of oxalate crystalluria (34.4 %), increase specific gravity (15.6 %), proteinuria (9.4 %), which further confirmed the present pathology of the urinary system.
Conclusions. The manifestations of developmental abnormalities and other kidney and bladder diseases found in young patients with TMJ disease suggest that there is a correlation between flow of pathological processes in the TMJ and US, which may be based on changes in the CT system.
When planning the treatment of young patients with TMJ diseases and pathology of US, medicines that do not affect the urinary system and do not provoke exacerbation of the disease should be prescribed. In the presence of pathology of the kidneys and/or urinary tract, the ultrasound of this system should be prescribed in consultation with a nephrologist.
2. Volovar O.S. [Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the temporomandibular joint on the background of somatic diseases]. Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis. – Kyiv, 2013; NMU [in Ukrainian] http://irbis-nbuv.gov.ua/cgi-bin/irbis_nbuv/cgiirbis_64.exe?&I21DBN=EC&P21DBN=EC&S21STN=1&S21REF=10&S21FMT=fullwebr&C21COM=S&S21CNR=20&S21P01=0&S21P02=0&S21P03=I=&S21COLORTERMS=0&S21STR=%D0%A0%D0%90402871
3. Luther F., Layton S., McDonald F. Orthodontics for treating temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders // Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016; (1): CD006541. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006541.pub3.
4. Blinov M.S., Borodulina I.I., Grebnev G.A., Sirak S.V., Ivanov A.S. Fadeev R.A., Kozlov S.I., Kovalevsky A.M. [Muscle activity in patients with dysfunction of the temporomandibular joint. The role of unifferentiated connective tissue diplasia] // Medical News of North Caucasus. 2019; 14 (1.1): 107-11. [in Russian]. DOI:10.14300/mnnc.2019.14063.
5. Kravchenko A.I. [Undifferentiated dysplasia of the connective tissue of the musculoskeletal system (diagnosis, treatment)] // Trauma. 2014; 15(1): 118-24. [in Russian]. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/nedifferentsirovannaya-displaziya-soedinitelnoy-tkani-oporno-dvigatelnoy-sistemy-diagnostika-lechenie/viewer.
6. Bebeshko V.G., Bruslova K.M., Volodina T.T., Lyashenko L.O., Tsvetkova N.M., Trychlib I.V. et al. [Features of clinical symptoms and signs, hematological and biochemical parameters in children with joint hypermobility in a late period upon the chornobyl npp accident] // Probl Radiac Med Radiobiol. 2019 Dec; 24: 322-34. [in Russian]. DOI: 10.33145/2304-8336-2019-24-322-334.
7. Kalayeva G.Yu., Khokhlova O.I., Deev I.A., Mikheenko G.A. [Risk factors associated with the development of undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia] // Bulletin of Siberian Medicine 2018; 17 (2): 41-8. [in Russian]. DOI: 10.20538/1682-0363-2018-2-41–48.
8. Kadurina T.I., Abbakumova L.N. [Connective tissue dysplasia: way to diagnosis] // Vestnik Ivanovskoy meditsinskoy akademii 2014; 19 (3); 5-11. [in Russian]. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/displaziya-soedinitelnoy-tkani-put-k-diagnozu/viewer
9. Kiseleva E.B., Gubarkova E.V., Dudenkova V.V., Timashev P.S., Kotova S.L., Timofeeva L.B., et al. [Complementary Study of Collagen State in Bladder Diseases Using Cross-Polarization Optical Coherence Tomography, Nonlinear and Atomic Force Microscopy] // Sovremennye tehnologii v medicine 2017; 9(1): 7-20. [in Russian]. DOI: 10.17691/stm2017.9.1.01.
10. Mambetova A.M., Shabalova N.N., Kravtsova A.A., Indarokov T.R. [Renin-aldosteronе system reaction peculiarities in children with urinary organs congenital developmental anomalies combined with varying severity connecting tissue dysplasia syndrome] // Pediatr 2012; 3(2); 30-36. [in Russian]. https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/osobennosti-reaktsii-renin-aldosteronovoy-sistemy-u-detey-s-vrozhdennymi-porokami-razvitiya-organov-mochevoy-sistemy-na-fone-sindroma/viewer.
11. Hur’yanov V.H., Lyakh Yu.Ye., Pariy V.D., Korotkyy O.V., Chalyy O.V. [Biostatistics Guide. Analysis of medical research results in the EZR (R-statistics) package: textbook]. – Kyiv. 2018; 207. [in Ukrainian]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.